Introduction and Aims of the Conference
Palm oil is in almost everything we buy – from food, to shampoo and beauty products and so it is crucial that we find a way to ensure that it is produced responsibly. Palm oil is also a controversial issue that needs to be discussed in a balanced way. Hence is vital to raise awareness of the fact that there is good and bad palm oil, and that we all have a choice. Hence, the conference aims to address palm oil sustainability issues related to social, environmental and economic good practice such as:
- Understanding the difference of intercultural points of views and different ways of communication between EU and Malaysia.
- Aligning the communication strategy revolving around the issues of sustainable palm oil.
- Focusing on positive communication based on operational solutions for a better sustainability in the palm oil industry (technologies or services by companies, initiatives by NGOs and others).
PANEL DISCUSSION 1
- Progressive Initiatives and Positive Communications for a Better Sustainability Image or Perception of Palm Oil.
Moderator: Thomas Brandt from Malaysian-German Chamber of Commerce (MGCC)
- Panellists to be confirmed
PANEL DISCUSSION 2
- The Examples of Good Practices Which Leads to a more Sustainable Palm Oil.
*The second discussion will focus on technology solutions, case studies of best practices and aligning communication strategies around the sustainability issues of palm oil.
- Moderator: Thomas Brandt from MGCC
- Panellist to be confirmed